Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Support Our 2nd Fund Raiser on May 21st - Parking Lot Sale at Avalon Missionary Church

If someone would have asked me even six months ago if we would ever adopt again, my answer would have been “No”. Now we as a family are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to travel to China to bring home our second China-born daughter and a little sister for our first.

What started out as a prayer on December 5th, 2010 has turned into our adoption journey. With this journey comes a huge expense both emotionally and monetarily. Not only are we enduring the long wait of finally being united with a daughter and a sister who was always meant to be with us, we are also faced with the financial hurdle of collecting the necessary funds to bring the adoption to fruition.

I have learned in the past two months that there are millions of orphans world- wide who will never know what it is like to belong with anyone. Although my heart breaks in two at the thought of my youngest daughter living in an orphanage for the past six years of her life, I also rejoice in the knowledge that her longing and waiting for a Forever Family will be recognized the day we travel to China to bring her home. While I am happy for our circumstance, I am still left with the knowledge that money and knowledge of the Lord’s vision is what keeps the countless millions of orphans from ever being adopted into their own Forever Families.

As her parents, my husband and I are doing everything possible to raise money to bring our little girl home. As some of you know, we are asking for donations from friends, neighbors and strangers in the way of gently used household items we can then sell on Saturday, May 21st at our anticipated HUGE parking lot sale.

The collection process has begun! Please contact us and let us know what you can donate at c.hoium@yahoo.com. We will be happy to come and pick it up. Thank you once again for caring! God bless your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment