Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Back!

I received an email today from a "follower", and because I haven't yet gotten permission to divulge her name, I will give her anonymous credit for her thoughtful, kind and generous words. She wrote, "I do hope that you continue to blog about your family's journey through this process. It has been such a wonderful conversation starter with people in my life to have about not only the adoption process/journey but also about faith and how wonderful God truly is. My husband and I were actually just saying at dinner last night about how you and Randy have "stepped out" in faith just doesn't seem to be the right fit but that I visualize the two of you jumping out of a plane as if to sky dive and trusting that the Lord will give you all the direction you need to navigate a safe landing and have such an amazing experience during what could be a terrifying time. Thank you for so openly and honsetly sharing with not only those you know but those you do not. I truly believe that God is using this journey to touch more lives than you will ever know."


It was Tuesday, February 1, 2011 when the initial plans were laid for our very first adoption fundraiser, the Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction held on March 11. Truthfully, I am just now beginning to feel as though I've gotten my second wind from this event even though it took place almost a week ago.

Let me just say, "Thank you" to all of the angels who showed up on the scene last Friday to pull together the "loose ends" to make sure the evening would be a successful one. Some of these angels were people whom I'd never even met before, but came to offer their help and welcomed expertise nevertheless. I had been embroiled in the acquiring of donations for our silent auction for so long that I had failed to conceive a plan for decorating the silent auction area. Once again, God showed Himself through the new and old friends He sent our way to wrap us in their loving support and not expect Randy and me to carry the whole thing all on our own.

So far, with money still trickling in from people who had anticipated being at the dinner but couldn't make it, and after subtracting all expenses, we have collected $5,370.60.

Randy and I sent in an adoption payment this week to Hand in Hand in the amount of $5,500.00. It would not be unlike our Father in Heaven to make the amount collected match the amount just paid out to Hand in Hand. In order for this to happen, we will only need an additonal $129.40. I am interested in seeing what happens next. We will be sure to keep our readership posted in this matter.

Let me take a moment to thank all of you who were able to attend the dinner. We estimate 200 in attendance. Even though the numbers were not as high as originally anticipated, it was a very special evening. We later received the same feedback from several of the participants present, such as, "The food was great!" "There were so many good things at the silent auction." "We had fun." "It was a relaxing evening."

Let me take the next moment to thank all of you who have continued in intercessory prayer on our family's behalf even if you were not able to attend the event. Ultimately, we know that God is the orchestrator of all plans involving the adoption of our little Mei Mei, and that He hasn't left one detail out of His ultimate design and plan for our family's future. Part of His design involves the powerful and sincere prayers of our brothers and sisters in the Lord for the successful adoption of our second born China daughter. "Thank you, Father, for placing so many people in our lives who truly care about what happens to us! We couldn't do it without them, Lord."


We will be sure to keep you updated on our next planned fund raising event which will be a huge parking lot sale and silent auction, the anticipated date to be held - Saturday, May 21st. We are accepting donations of lightly used household items, furniture, nic nacs, etc. We would like to hold off collecting these donated items until mid-April at the earliest.

Also, if you have any suggestions of companies we can contact for donations to our silent auction, please let us know. We are open to suggestions.

Thank you for everything! May God bless you all as we remember to keep you in our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment