Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update On the Total

Add to the $5,370.60 an additional $112.00, and you will come up with a figure of $5,482.60! That is the amount we've collected thus far for the spaghetti dinner and silent auction fund raiser! If you recall, last week, Randy and I sent to Hand in Hand a check for $5,500.00 for our dossier preparation and China fee. The amount raised then is only $17.40 shy of the $5,500.00 paid.

God is definitely in the mix! He is working it out! "Praise your Holy Name, Father!"

Every single day, we receive news from yet another person that our family, and more specifically Cassandra, is in their prayers. We are so grateful to all of you for your prayers and concern. The Lord had shown me at the very beginning of our journey to bring Cassandra into our family that she suffers from a broken heart, but that our love will heal her.

I am just now beginning to realize that he was not just referring to the love of Sonya, Randy and me but that he included the love of countless souls praying for her and loving her from afar. Through these prayers, the distance between China and the rest of us becomes non-existent. Could it be that that our corporate love for this little girl is healing her precious little heart as I write these words to you?! I believe so!

We really are so grateful to all of you! Please don't stop praying! And I want you to know that even if I don't know who you are, I am praying for you too! God is showing me the importance of continual, fervent prayer for the Body of Christ and even for the lost souls who desperately need Christ Jesus to fully understand and embrace the significance of the undeniable transforming power of Him in their lives!

Without Him, there is nothing, only a future of darkness and death! The world will lie and say that He does not exist, and suggest instead the ultimate truth is in seeking creature comforts and basking in the pleasures and duldrums found in the world. Drink alcohol, take pills, go to fancy restaurants, take lavish vacations, sit in front of the television and "zone".

What a lie! What a horrible lie this is! The journey God is taking my family on is opening my eyes more and more to the Truth. That the only thing that counts, the only thing that matters, is if our lives demonstrate to the world the Glory and Power of Jesus Christ and His Atoning Blood on the Cross at Calvary, freely spilled for the salvation of all who seek His face, turn from their sin and ask Him into their hearts and lives as Lord and Savior.

I am looking forward to the day when I can sit with Cassandra face-to-face and tell her in words she can understand about this man called Jesus. "Thank you, Father, for this opportunity!"

No comments:

Post a Comment