Thursday, June 16, 2011

God's Good and Perfect Timing

Last night, when I went to bed somewhere past two in the morning, I asked the Lord to have the doctor's office call us as soon as they got in this morning instead of making Randy or me call them to check on things.  I also asked the Lord that He direct the doctor's hand to write a favorable letter on Randy's behalf in order that any concerns China has regarding Randy's health and his ability to parent be relieved.

So at 8 am this morning, one hour before the doctor's office even opened, I received a call from the nurse letting me know the letter was ready to pick up.  When Sonya and I made a trip to the doctor's office later in the morning I reviewed the letter before leaving their office and found the letter to be short and to the point, casting a positive light on Randy's health status.  Praise the Lord!  Thank you, Jesus!

So now as far as I know China has the letter which would have been scanned and emailed to them by the adoption agency today, and that is the very last piece of information they need in order to give their official approval which I guess in adoption language is called LOA (letter of approval).  After LOA comes TA (travel approval).  Then CA (consulate appointment) follows TA.  We are getting close.  I will keep you posted.  But LOA is what I've been waiting for forever so that I can post Mei Mei's pictures on the blog and also share with you her real name and where she is from in China. 

The other benefit to LOA is that the orphanage will be given a green light to tell Sonya's little sister that she has a family.  And once that happens we will arrange for a care package to be delivered to her from us to let her know we are thinking of her and that we love her so much and that we can't wait to come and get her and bring her home with us for good. 

Folks, it's been a hard ride emotionally and, I would add, even mentally.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support for our journey to Mei Mei.  Your love and kindness have made all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment