Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Adoption Day!

Today is December 13th, 2011. Exactly one year ago on this date we applied to Hand in Hand to adopt Feng Mei! And now she is with us. God is good.
The orphanage reports that Feng Mei gets along with all of the other children and that everyone at the orphanage loves her. From our observations, Feng Mei is very astute, very curious, very sweet, very confident, very loving, very grateful and loves playing with her sister! Sonya, who FINALLY can play as she seems to be over whatever she had. Randy and I were up a lot last night praying for Sonya as she had not eaten a thing for over 24 hours but just wanted to sleep. Now Sonya's smile is back, and I'm praising the Lord for that.
We're heading off to our appointment soon. I still do not have pictures to show you. I'm sorry about that. I know when families are here in China to get their children that's what I'm interested in the most. If I can't get our camera fixed, I might purchase one as I have over 500 pictures from Sonya's adoption, and I cannot imagine not doing the same for Feng Mei. In any case, I hope to get this issue resolved soon. As I am a little on the controlling side one might say and like to take charge, it's not comfortable for me to feel so powerless in this matter. Maybe you can pray about that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment